This is classic southern comfort food. It's a family favorite.
- Slow cooker
- 28 oz diced tomatoes canned
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 lb andouille sausage sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water or unsalted broth
- 2 tsp oregano leaves dried
- 2 tsp thyme leaves dried
- 2 tsp RealTaste Elevate Cajun seasoning or to taste
- 1 lb shrimp raw, deveined and shell removed
- 1 cup chicken cooked
- 3 cups cooked brown rice or rice of choice
- 1 tsp salt, or up to 2 tsp. additional Elevate Elevate will make it more spicy and salt will just enhance the flavor with no additional spice.
- Place first 9 ingredients in a large slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Add rice, chicken and shrimp.
- Cook just until shrimp starts to turn pink.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!