Cranberry Jalapeno Salsa
This salsa is a unique and delicious appetizer. It's perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings.
- 1 jalapeno seeds removed; roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, loosely packed leaves
- 1/4 red onion roughly chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- zest from 1 lime optional
- 2 tbsp lime juice or juice from 1 lime
- 1 3/4 tsp RealTaste Zen seasoning
- 12 oz cranberries fresh (3 cups)
With gloves on your hands, remove seeds from jalapeno, roughly chop and add to blender.
Add cilantro to blender.
Roughly chop onion and add to blender.
Place remaining ingredients in order listed into blender or food processor.
Pulse until ingredients are finely chopped, stopping to stir as needed.
Store covered in the fridge for up to a week.
Serve with chips, crackers and cheese, or in place of cranberry sauce.
Leave all or part of the jalapeno seeds in, if you'd like more spice.
You can also add some freshly grated ginger for more heat and flavor.
Calories: 63kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 177mgPotassium: 73mgFiber: 2gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 62IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg