Quick Tuna Steaks
Tuna steaks should not be cooked all the way through. Just a quick sear on both sides is all that's needed. We love this served over cauliflower rice with a big side of cooked vegetables and fruit. It's a quick, easy and impressive meal.
- 8 oz tuna steak 1 inch thick
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce Bragg's Liquid Aminos, recommended
- 1/4 tsp RealTaste Zen seasoning
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or fat of choice
- green onions, sesame seeds to garnish optional
- 3 cups cauliflower rice quinoa, brown rice, or grain of choice
Mix sesame oil, honey, amino acids and Zen seasoning.
Reserve 1 tbsp. of the mixture.
Marinate the tuna for 5 minutes in the remaining mixture.
With 3 minutes of marinating time remaining, place skillet on stove and heat to medium. Allow to heat for 3 minutes.
Add oil and tuna.
Cook for 1 minute per side.
Remove from heat, slice, drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp. sauce mixture and garnish as desired.
Serve with cauliflower rice, quinoa, brown rice, or grain of choice.
If the steak is thicker than 1 inch; cook a little longer, if it's thinner cook a little less.
Calories: 195kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 16gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 561mgPotassium: 521mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 1238IUVitamin C: 58mgCalcium: 31mgIron: 1mg