Wheat Berry Breakfast Parfaits
We love these honey sweetened wheat berries in place of granola. These are great for a breakfast on the go! Freeze any left-overs for future breakfasts, or to top a green salad with fruit and Balsamic Dressing.*
- 1 cup raw wheat berries traditional, or Einkorn
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp RealTaste Peace seasoning or to taste
- 4 cups plain yogurt or vanilla flavored
- 2 cups fruit of choice
- Place wheat berries in a medium pot with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 35 minutes, or until very tender.
- Drain well and mix in honey, salt and Peace seasoning while still warm.
- Cool to room temperature or chill.
- Spoon 1/4 cup yogurt into glass or pint mason jar, top with 3 tablespoons wheat berries and two tablespoons fruit, then repeat layers.
- Top with fruit of choice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!