Shakshuka is simply eggs poached in seasoned tomatoes. It's generally served over a crusty artisan style bread. If you're gluten free, choose a gluten free bread or serve over rice or quinoa. It's common for breakfast, but makes a lovely simple dinner dish as well.
- In a skillet, combine tomatoes, seasoning and salt, if needed.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Carefully, crack eggs into the tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 5 minutes, or until egg whites are set, but yolks are still runny.
- Sprinkle with herbs and feta cheese, if desired.
- Serve over toasted bread, or whole grain of choice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!