A shrimp boil is sheer perfection for a causal outdoor summer meal.
- Extra large pot
- 4 quarts water
- 2 lemons halved
- 4 tbsp RealTaste Elevate Cajun seasoning
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 onions quartered
- 2 garlic bulbs unpeeled and halved through center
- 3 lbs red potatoes cut in large chunks
- 6 ears corn shucked and cut into thirds
- 1 lb sausage cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 lbs raw shrimp deveined, shell on
- 1 cup butter 2 cubes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- Pour water into an extra large pot. Squeeze lemon juice into the water and then place lemon halves in the pot.
- Add Elevate, salt, onions, garlic and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, adjust heat to maintain a simmer for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare butter sauce by melting the butter and mixing in the lemon and salt.
- Add corn and sausage. Bring back to a boil, adjust heat to maintain a simmer for 8 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add shrimp, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain liquid and dump contents onto a platter.
- Drizzle with half of the butter sauce and season with additional Elevate or salt. Serve the remaining butter sauce on the side.
Advance Preparation, Optional
- Prepare butter sauce and store covered in the fridge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!