Raw Pastry Crust
Gluten free and naturally sweetened pastry crust. This crust is perfect for key lime pie,* a chocolate tart, or any other dessert that's not cooked.
- 3/4 cup nuts
- 1/3 cup coconut shredded or flaked
- 1/3 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Roughly chop the dates.
- Put the dates, nuts and coconut in a small blender or food processor.
- Add salt and vanilla.
- Pulse, scraping down the sides and stirring up mixture from the bottom occasionally, until it comes together. Make sure not to overblend, or it will start turning to nut butter. You want a texture that is cohesive, but still a bit course.
- Press into an 8 inch tart pan or 40-48 mini tarts; the size of a mini cupcake.
Advance Preparation, Optional
- This may be made up to a week in advance and stored in the fridge.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!