Quick Garlic and Herb Biscuits
When you're short on time, these yummy biscuits can be made in a jiffy. If you like Red Lobster biscuits, these will be right up your alley. They're soft, flakey and no rolling is involved with these biscuits. They're a total win-win.
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
- 250 grams all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp RealTaste Hope seasoning
- 1 tbsp baking powder aluminum free recommended
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp butter should be very cold; see notes
- 3/4 cup milk
- melted butter, optional
- Heat oven to 450.
- Mix together flour, Hope seasoning, sugar, and baking powder.
- Shred cold butter into flour and toss to mix. If you won't be adding butter and baking right away. Place shredded butter back in the fridge.
- Stir in milk just until ingredients are combined.
- Divide into 9 portions on a parchment lined baking sheet. I use an ice cream scoop, then flatten with the palm of my hand to about 1 inch thick and shape the sides into a round shape. Alternatively, you could lightly press into a rectangle, 1 inch thick and cut into 9 square/rectangle portions.
- Bake for 12 minutes on middle rack, or until done.
- Brush hot biscuits with melted butter, if desired.
Recipe based on sugarspunrun.com easy homemade biscuits Freeze butter for 15 minutes to make it easier to shred, if you have time. If brushing with melted butter, you can add a little Hope seasoning for more flavor. If you have a small oven, or it cooks hot, cook biscuits at 425. I have a really big oven that tends to cook things a little slower.
Calories: 126kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 4gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 161mgPotassium: 70mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 49IUCalcium: 117mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!