Yucatan Chicken and Lime Soup
Lime soup is a traditional soup from the Yucatan region of Mexico. It's flavor is similar to a brothy tortilla soup. It's warm, comforting and delicious.
- 6 cups unsalted chicken broth or water
- 8 tsp RealTaste Vida seasoning or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice or grain of choice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken cooked and diced
- 1 cup white beans cooked
- 1 cup corn
- 1/4 cup cilantro minced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- salt to taste
- Avocado diced
- Place broth, Vida, rice, chicken, white beans, and corn in a medium-large pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; add cilantro, lime and salt to taste.
- Garnish with avocado.
Advance Preparation, Optional
- Poach chicken in 6 cups of water.*
- Cool and dice chicken and store covered in the fridge.
- Cool and strain broth, if needed, and store covered in the fridge.
- Cook RIce, * cool and store covered in the fridge.
- Soak Beans.*
- Cook Beans,* cool and store covered in the fridge.
Calories: 189kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 12gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 83mgPotassium: 490mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 131IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 41mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!