Easy Oven Baked Croutons
These are delicious on salad, soup or just as a snack. It's also a great way to use up bread that's past it's prime.
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment paper
- 4 cups bread diced or torn in 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil or fat of choice
- 2 tsp RealTaste Hope or Nurture seasoning or to taste
- Heat oven to 375.
- On baking sheet, toss bread with oil and seasoning.
- Spread out evenly and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- They will crisp up a bit as they cool. When they're completely cool, store in an airtight container.
Cooking time will depend on the size of bread cubes, as well as the density of the bread. Lighter bread will cook faster. 1 standard size slice of bread is usually around a cup.
Calories: 758kcalCarbohydrates: 117gProtein: 25gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 1228mgPotassium: 431mgFiber: 10gSugar: 14gVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 326mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!