Baked Butternut Squash
We love this as a simple side, or to use in butternut squash soup and as a substitute for pumpkin puree.
- 9x13 pan
- 1 butternut squash whole
- butter, or olive oil
- Season as desired, see instructions below.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds.
- Place cut sides down in pan.
- Pour about 1 inch of water in pan.
- Cook for 1 hour or until very tender when pierced with a fork. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the squash.
- Remove from pan, flip squash over and smear with butter or drizzle with olive oil.
- Seasoning Ideas: Sprinkle with Hope, Nurture, or Amore RealTaste seasoning; or RealTaste Peace seasoning with salt and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Calories: 56kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 5mgPotassium: 440mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 13288IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 60mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!