This is a delicious, low sugar and easy alternative to pie.
- Cookie sheet
- Cutting board
- Large Bowl
- Parchment paper
- Pastry brush
- 1 1/2 lb apples about 4 large
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp RealTaste Peace seasoning or to taste
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- Heat oven with large upside down metal cookie sheet to 400 on *** rack.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Whisk 1egg until smooth.
- Peel, core and slice apples about 1/4 inch thick.
- Roll out a single recipe of favorite pie dough on a sheet of parchment paper to a 12 x 14 inch rectangle, or large round or oval.
- Lightly brush dough with egg wash leaving a 1 inch boarder without egg wash.
- Toss apples with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place apples in the center of pie dough and spread out evenly, leaving about a 3 inch boarder.
- Drizzle apples with maple syrup and dot with little pieces of the butter.
- Fold dough up and pleat around the apples in a rustic fashion.
- Brush the edge of the pie dough with egg wash.
- Transfer galette to hot cookie sheet with a pizza peel; alternatively, you can slide the parchment underneath the galette onto a rimless cookie sheet, or cutting board, then use the same technique to slide the parchment under the galette onto the hot cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until done.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!